Wednesday, August 8, 2007

San Jose, Costa Rica

So after an uneventful flight I arrived safely and easily into Costa Rica - I made reservations with a youth hostel and there was a guy waiting to take me to the hostel -well a dude who hailed a cab for me - it wasn´t much of a deal, but what do you do

So upon arrival in the city of san jose - all i can think is - ah- the smell of diesal fuel - nothing says nonwestern country more than that smell - Paul and Warran you will have to tell me if they are more green or less green than our pullutants -

I think my days of youth hostels are over - Tonight, I will basically stay in a windowless closet, and despite the temperature being at least 15 degrees cooler than A2 '- it will still make for a pretty sticky night -- oh and everyone smokes and is under 22 years old......

my favorite travel quote is ¨Travel is only glamorous in retrospect¨and I suspect tonight I will experience that!!!

so tomorrow morning all will be well as I will go on a 2 day rafting trip and stay at a ecolodge and get to do this cool thing where you take a zip line over the rain forest - at least that is what I imagine -

I might not be able to post anything until friday - so until then

beunos nochos

Klinke

3 comments:

The Hall said...

Aim, it's all about getting good stories.

And here's Spanish lesson #1: buenos noches. :)

HAVE FUN!

Unknown said...

Amy,
You are 36 and only just now giving up the youth hostiles?! Hats off to you there girly. :-) Do tell when you get to the school/resort if it lives up to the lovely pictures and description. I'm soooo jealous, especially since I'm spending my time recuperating from getting out my stinking wisdom teeth. Yum.
Take care,
Annette

Mary E. Udoji said...

Move over NOW! Just the look of the bed and the view alone make me want to be there. I'm trying to imagine the sounds and smells. The sound of water alone transports me to la la land. A trip to Nantucket is coming up, 1st week of Octboer, and your blog makes me salivate. Did you say something about studying Spanish or is that an illusion? Continue to explore and live the experience, it sounds like you are doin just fine! XOXOXOXO