Tuesday, September 4, 2007

volcanos and a costa rican/swedish massage

So, I just spent two and half days at the Arenal Observatory lodge, completely mezmerized by the volcano. I had no idea how cool it was...but turns out...volcanos are pretty cool....I also went to these hot springs called Tabacon, which was also pretty cool, even if its a bit cheesy at the same time. I splurged and got a massage by Fernando....so...it was not as intersting as the last massages that Ashley and I recieved in Thailand, but it certainly bordered on it....I believe my friend Fernando took a couple ganders and the like....it was weird...but pura vida aye?

I am now at a cute little eco lodge in Monte Verde which is famous for its cloud forest, we are at 1300 meters (about 4,000 Feet) so its not as warm and its also a rain forest, so i might actually experience goose bumps for the first time in a while. I am missing yoga and might go see if i can find a class. I am going on a night time forest walk to see all the cool animals

last night at the lodge I saw the biggest toad i have ever seen, I had no idea they could be this big...I would say it was the size of a small rabbit....it was huge, but the poor guy was scared b-c all of us humans were staring at it....you know how when you pick up toads they usually leave you a urine based gift? I had thought about picking it up to take it outside, but thought better of it, b-c I did not want to think about the size of the gift it might give me :)

off to the forest

best,
A

new addition - I just learned the huge toad I saw is actually poisonous---but the person said that the poison gives humans a hallucinogenic effect....good to know, aye?

No comments: