well, if it is at all possible, today is my last day in CR. I am sad and excited to get to a home with my own bed, laundry facilities and green veggies. (all of which, I can have in Costa Rica if I move here...just fyi)
Yesterday, I went back into the rain forest which was v. cool, though at the beginning of a 4 mile hike it started to rain....(it is a rain forest) and so the view we went to see was just think with clouds...(not only is it a rain forest, it is a Cloud Forest) so there you go. It was pretty awesome, until I started getting bit by these flea like wasps....strange....but please refer to my earlier comment...it is a rain forest.... Even though I was probably only bit a couple of times, I couldn{t shake the feeling that I had creepy crawlys all over my body and could not get out of the forest fast enough. I tried to be a bit zen about it, but I was too focused on teh bugs crawling all over my body :)
after that fun times, we took the bus back to town...it was funny b-c it was a real yellow school bus from the States with a [no bullies[ sign to boot. I then found my way to a yoga class a quaker school. Monte Verde Rain Forest Reserve was started basically by a group of quakers who came down here 50 some years ago. This school is one of hte last things about the quakers and it was cool to do a yoga class there.
At dinner, during another one of the many deluges I have experienced in Costa Rica I realized that i was eating in an entirely enclosed area.... meaning 4 walls, a door, a roof....etc...it might be the first time for me in a month...it felt v. claustaphobic
this morning -i went for a run, pretty much straight up hill...it felt good to run i suppose, but in retrospect it may not have been one of my best decisions...you run on teh road with the buses, cars, motorcycles, quads, pedestrians....the roads are moutain roads, twisty, turning nad there is the constant smell of diesal.....it was curious
so I am leaving in an hour or so for San Jose on a 4 hour stomach churning bus ride, I have gingerale and crackers in hand!
photos to go up when I get home!
pura vida
Amy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Aim,
It sounds like CR was an excellent experience for you. Possibly life or attitude altering? Very happy for you and am looking forward to hearing about it in person. Thanks for posting your adventures!
Safe travels,
HB
Yes, I think you may be right...its hard to know in what ways I will change, but i hope that yoga and more spanish will be part of my new life....I am actually thinking about going to an ashram...well I won{t go there until i do more yoga and learn to meditate...that could take awhile!
I had the exact same feeling in the rain forest - creepy crawlies everywhere and no way to get out. Plus, if I lost my balance, I was always afraid to put my hand on something gross, yes?
YES!!!
i really tried to be zen and cool and not the weird urban chic who ca not handle bugs...but when you feel like you have stuff all over you...its really hard to maintain your cool..in fact I thought about you sher on our run on the poto when the horse and deer flies attacked!
I did take at 30 min shower afterwards...it certainly helped!
I can't figure out whether I can put a picture in a comment but google images of a bot fly and tell me if that's what was biting you. If so--beware of subcutaneous larva. . . I'm just sayin' . . .
That's enough about that though. . .looking forward to your return. Don't worry--the air around Mack pool will make you think of CR.
Post a Comment