So, I have been home for 3 weeks now and I have to admit its been a rough transition. I really liked the lifestyle of Costa Rica...I think its the lifestyle of living on the beach that was most appealing.
But here are some updates -
I have had 4 different interviews since I have been back. I think they have mostly gone well, but 2 are not the right types of positions and the other 2 are in DC. I am going to DC for a 2nd interview with one and am waiting by the phone for the other one to call.
This is where the whole interview/dating anology comes into play. I actually had to leave my house for most of the day today, otherwise I would have waited by the phone all day, hoping it would ring. I want to call this organization, but that would seem to desperate, and you don't want to seem that...so I am just trying to play it cool and see what happens.....grrr...there is a reason I am not very good at dating :)
I have started to work with a spanish tutor named Daniel from Peru who taught me how to word associate words...like steering wheel....in spanish the word steering wheel is pronouced Teamon (I think that is how it is spelled, this way of learning is like hooked on phonics) and so I will now always associate steering wheels with teams on fields....you get the drift :) But...if it works, I am sticking with it!
Also, I have continued with yoga, I am going 3 times a week and trying to do it most days on my own....I had to purchase a yoga towel which is basically something you put over your mat to absorb all the sweat that I seem to drop like a faucet when I practice. I am enjoying the yoga and definitely feel my muscles getting stronger which is a great feeling. Now I have to work on my tendency to over train since I have a lot of time on my hands....yesterday I went on a 70 mile bike ride, just because.....and today all the squatting in yoga hurt!
okay - thats my update for the last two weeks!
hope all is well!
Klinke
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment