 |
| fantastic painting in the hotel |
 |
| old city wall |
So my first day in Israel started at 3am when our flight landed - we had to present at 9:30 am in the morning so we were hoping to get through customs fast, however one of our party was detained for at least an hour - she sort of just went to a room, and was gone - we weren't sure what happened....but I quickly learned - things always become apparent with a little patience - but I didn't get to sleep that evening till 5:30am and had to get up 7am to get ready to drive to the West Bank - what day - The university students I met with were v. excited about starting companies and were inspiring to be around considering the challenges they face politically.
 |
| outside the old city |
 |
| Al-Aqsa Mosque |
 |
| inside the Old City |
I luckily presented all morning, so by the afternoon I could hardly keep my eyes open, but we were lucky enough to tour the Old City in Jerusalem - we casually walked by the birthplace of Mary and the Al-Aqsa Mosque where the Dome of the Rock is - I love that about going to new places - what an amazing first 12 hours
 |
| yum |
 |
| view outside window in the West Bank |
No comments:
Post a Comment