So I left Montezuma and I hope I have not left my chillness there...I was a bit worried as I don´t feel nearly as chill, but it could be that I am again traveling alone and I have to be a little more alert...which is probably a good thing....
I knew I wasn´t in Montezuma anymore when Monique and I were sitting on the Ferry and we were sitting...just sitting and chatting...in fact we were eating chocolate, it was 9:30 in the morning and 2 tables full of men were facing us instead of the front of the boat....i have to say, that is just sort of annoying...In montezuma after 1 week, everyone sort of sees you as a regular and they start saying ¨buena¨ and ¨buenos dias¨ and the like and you start to make friends and feel pretty safe...if that makes any sense....
The other thing that was so nice about Montezuma were all the friends I made. By the time I left I felt like I had a community and could really see how people go there to visit and just never leave. My yoga instructor, Dagmar, who by the way has a really great story of how she went from Germany to a beach on the CR coast... said that if I wanted to move there, I have to think about what I missed most about home and just start it as a buisness....unfortunately the thing I missed most was long bike rides and a 50 meter swimming pool...could be hard to start a business on that...though Thien you and I could start our triathlon training program here...maybe exterra biking though....hmmmm
There were a group of 4 of us who were all in transition...my friend Melanie from Atlanta who quit her job and has been living in CR for 2 months, my friend Monique who is a nurse who quit her job....and is waiting to get into grad school to be a midwife... and our friend John from Belguim who also quit his job and is toying with the idea of staying in CR to do engineering here....if you noticed a theme it was that we all quit our job...it was nice to be around other poeple in a similar space as I was....one of our teachers, Andrea who is super cool and can tear up the dance floor...wowsers...and our yoga instructor Dagmar who did something special on my birthday which was really awesome and powerful...i actually had some tears in my eyes at the end of class when she read a reading about taking chances, keeping faith and always moving forward...it was exactly what I needed and it was really cool as we did our last OM for the night, the rain started raining so hard, we couldn´t hear ourselves anymore....(incidently that night the biggest storm to hit montezuma in 10 years hit and knocked out all power- i´m not sure what that means for my 36th year but there it goes!)
My spainish instructor named Rebecca lives in a cool house on the top of the hill over looking the ocean and has monkeys hanging out side her porch....I have to say, going to her house, I had some thoughts again about what I could do to live in Montezuma.....because its a really nice life...
okay, I have rambled enough for one day...
more later!
Pura Vida!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow Amy! Has it really been a month already?! You've really squeezed a lot of life out of those weeks- nice. Anyway, happy late birthday and safe travels home. Lemme know when/if you are ready for a lovely birthday drink or something.
Take care,
Annette
Post a Comment