So....I have been home a week and I have a couple funny stories....the first thing to note is that it is 32 degrees...and my thin blood and my toes are not happy about the cold.....
So, I keep saying things like "si" "gracias" "buenas dias" to people randomly as I would have in C.R. Half of the time, I don't even know I have said it. Until the other day when I was walking by a gentleman of an non descript ethnic descent. He could have been from the US or latin america or from the Philippines or from asia ..you get the picture. Instead of saying "good morning" I pulled out my randomly selected Spanish and said...."bueanas dias" and he looked at me like I just insulted him....and of course it was insulting and I tried to explain why I said it...and it just got worse and embarrassing...I am actively trying NOT to use spanish now.
I did sign up for a tutor though which should be fun.
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment