Hola
So, I have had 8 hours of spanish so far and all I can say is, its hard...but hopefully it will get easier after 3 weeks
Yesterday was a busy day - I started out at 630 am for a run along the road - they are all dirt in montezuma and i had on my ipod. During the run, i heard this sound of dogs howling...but they sounded like there were howling after they were hurt, more of a crying.....i figured out quickly there were howler monkeys (congo in spanish)...thus the howling. I didn't know what sort of monkeys they were as they scared me enough that I almost turned around and ran back to town, but a nice man on a motorcycle sign languaged to me that they wouldn't hurt me, which was v. good.
then I had 4 hours of basic spainish....learning in humidy is okay when you can hear the waves of the ocean and a waterfall right by you.....
then I had to rush off to get my body beat up in surf lessons...I am happy to annouce that even though I felt like people kept punching me in the stomach, --the waves are pretty intense-- I was able to get up 3 times..not for a long time, but hey 3 times isn't too shabby
then I rushed back for an amazing yoga class in this great pavavillon in the trees over looking the ocean...
all in all, it was an exhuasting day, but totally fun. I will say that I went through 7 litres of water in one 24 hour period...so the part I am not saying is that I am basically sweating all day...all the time....its supposed to be good for your complexion...right?
today has been a little more chill as I am only doing surfing every other day....
my body was greatful of the rest.
that's all for now...more tomorrow with photos
pura vida
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amy,
Any other nice people there? How about your roommate Cat? Also, you mentioned that there are lots of hippies. Are there any Costa Ricans mixed in? How are they keeping you at the Spanish all day like that? I always wondered how that would work. Anyway, send details...
You will be happy to know that I got that book you have been hawking all summer. I'll probably start it this weekend. Also, I heard from Monica and she is happy as a clam in Connecticut. She even bought a mini-cooper. How cute is that?
Keep up the good work and the next thing you know you will be speaking sentences and thinking in spanish.
big hug,
annette
Hola Klinks!
Very excited for your adventures. I think I'd probably ditch class and surf and do yoga everyday! You are a very dedicated student.
So our realtor Natalie moved to Costa Rica to sell property. Will see if we can find her....
Checking in again soon.
Hugs! Caro
Amy,
Wow, it sounds fantastic! You should get someone to take a picture of you standing on the surf board so we can all see your surfing prowess.
Have you tried the Lizano sauce yet? When we were there folks told us it was "the taste of Costa Rica". I brought back a bunch of bottles of the stuff, and now I'm on my last one! (hint, hint) : ) I like it best with scrambled eggs and rice.
Can't wait for pictures!
Amy
I'm particularly interested in hearing about the hippies. Are they barefoot? Wearing rope sandals? Do they speak spainish?
Post a Comment