Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dali Lama and Friends!

So, last Sunday, I had the great honor of seeing his Holiness, the Dali Lami. Its funny because I had a lot of hesitation of going to see him. Everyone in my yoga studio and other places were all going to see him and I felt like a poser to do so. It seemed like the hip thing to do, which is the exact opposite of why I thought I should go see him, if that makes any sense.

But as fate would have it, I had a trip cancelled and a ticket made available to me. So I went unshowered right after a bike ride and I have to say it was well worth the trip. Despite, the Chinese Protesters (I wanted to ironically ask them how they liked the right to protest, but didn't), the Dali Lama was humble, wise and funny. The dude cracks himself up, which is refreshing. His message of compassion, love and peace was very welcome. He defined love as simply wanting joy and happiness for others. He defined fear as the opposite. From fear, stems violence. Its so simple.

Its also funny because my friends from around the world were all like "what is the Dali Lama doing in the midwest, in Ann Arbor of all places" and I have to say, I am very thankful to be in a town big enough to invite guests like the Dali Lama, and small enough so that the entire town takes notice of such occasions.

On another note, my friends Paul and Sheri came back to visit Ann Arbor for the weekend and I realized how much I really miss them. I truely miss you guys!!! I had the distinct pleasure of running with two of my pregnant friends who are due 2 1/2 weeks apart - September 20th (Kerry Sheldon) and October 7th, (Sheri Hall).


here is a photo of them in Bird Hills - thanks for the run you two!!!

Klinke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Look at how gorgeous those two look! Ah...I miss the gang :)