Monday, July 28, 2008

Big Fun & what not to do after a 1/2 Ironman

So I went out to visit my pal's Heather, Ryan and Aria this past weekend which was big fun - we hung out, went to the City - went to this cool neighborhood in providence, called Federal Hill - it was straight out of the soprano's and a very delicious place to eat dinner!

I also went out to run a 10 mile road race. I will admit that when I originally signed up for the weekend, I had thought the 10 mile run was a 10K race, not a 10 mile race. Turns out that 5 days is not quite enough recovery time for me from a half Ironman to run a 10 mile race - one med tent trip later is proof to that effect - The photos are of sweet Aria, -then Ryan, Heather and I pre-race and pre full body shut down for me

finally - the last photo is of Ryan getting ready to get on the highway to the danger zone - you can't see it -but he is sporting some aviator sunglasses...circa top gun with his new classic ride -

1 comment:

habenoit said...

We loved having you visit Aim! "The Hill" was great fun and "I just need a ride." will be my favorite quote for a long time. :-)